Sunday, June 08, 2008

Gone Fishing

My twin brothers and I went fishing last week. The first time the three of us have fished together for more than forty years. Gone was the fierce competition I remember. Who caught the first fish, who hooked the largest fish, who could brag about the most fish? Now it was mostly storytelling. Remembering earlier fishing days when we were much younger, recalling fishing trips with our father, marveling at the beauty of the lake and the splendor of the day.

And realizing that fishing can be much more than catching fish.


The Old Timer says. "Find some time to go fishing."

Coming Events:

Tuesday, June 17, 12:15 p.m. Wisconsin Historical Society Museum (on the Square in Madison). A brief history of Wisconsin cheese making with the story of Casper Jaggi: Master Cheese Maker.

Saturday, June 21, 1:00 p.m. Stanley Historical Society. "The Lighter Side of Country Living."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went fishing Sunday, and it was pretty relaxing! Didn't catch anything, but the experience was nice. Need some good shiners and I think I'll be set.